Prayer for Chronic Pain


 (Here is a prayer I wrote on behalf of someone experiencing chronic, persistent pain. Feel free to use this prayer as you may have need)

O LORD God, much like your servant Job, XXXX cries out to you, “My soul is poured out within me; days of affliction have taken hold of me. The night racks my bones, and the pain that gnaws me takes no rest” (Job 30:16-17). We join with him/her begging you to see his/her grief and take notice of his/her anguish. Lift up his/her heart, body and soul with relief, grant him/her a reprieve from the hurt, and pour out on him/her some refreshment. Guide the doctors, who are often trying to problem-solve and are not quite the miracle-workers they and we sometimes think they are. Help them to see what they are missing, find the exact cause of this trouble, and speedily figure out a reliable and robust remedy. Lord, hear our prayer, hear this prayer that we present to you in the name of your blessed Son, Jesus Christ, who bore in his body grievous torments for us and our salvation. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts